Springfield College (B.S.)
- English /
Sean is an executive with more than 17 years of experience in operational management, process improvement, cost reduction, revenue enhancement and consulting in multiple industries, including mining. Sean has participated in several operational engagements in the Mining Sector worldwide.
These projects focused on generating improvements that were operational and financial in nature. Specifically, these engagements required solution development in the areas of process control and management systems, process plant efficiency, supply chain management, contractor management, utilities operations and maintenance. Each of these engagements resulted in significant ROIs and positive cash flows prior to the end of the engagement.
Some of his selected mining accomplishments include:
- A profit improvement project where solutions included the re-design of process controls and management systems to reduce cost, improve supply chain and contractor management, increase throughput, process plant efficiency and recovery, and utilities operations and maintenance. Smelter efficiency was a primary objective to achieving the results. Maintenance availability improvements combined with improvements in process control were the primary solutions. The team also reduced a planned 21 day partial Smelter shutdown to 14 days. The Delivery team realized savings of $46 million.
- A Working Capital improvement program where solutions included work in four areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Materials & Supplies and Finished Goods. The project realized a $56 million reduction in Working Capital.
- An operational improvement project where the solution included the re-design of management operation systems to reduce cost and increase throughput, process plant efficiency and recovery, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety. Recovery efforts in the concentrator focused on employee skills. The project realized savings of $24 million.
- A profit improvement project across three locations where solutions included the re-design of process controls and management systems to reduce cost. This included reducing overtime, increasing uptime and increasing throughput. The project realized savings of $13 million.
- An operations improvement project where solutions included the re-design of management operation systems to deliver results in the supply chain, throughput, maintenance costs, concentrator efficiency and safety. This project realized savings of $14 million.