Oil & Gas
OFFICE933 South Talbot Street,
St. Michaels, MD 21663
BS, Business Administration and Finance, University of Florida
MBA, Finance, Florida Atlantic University
- English /
Oil & Gas
Project Leader & Operations Director
Tom is a senior project leader with over 25 years of international management consulting experience in the oil and gas, utilities, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, media and aerospace industries. He has served Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies in 15 countries across North America, EMEA and Asia. His areas of expertise include business operations analyses, operational process improvements, project implementation, performance management and training.
Tom's analytical nature combined with his extensive operations implementation experience make him invaluable to his clients. His strategic planning and executive team leadership skills allow him to develop sustainable, enterprise-wide approaches to all continuous improvement efforts. In addition to his consulting experience, Tom has held senior executive positions with recognized firms such as American Express and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. His diverse management career has focused on new product development and launch, financial analysis, systems support, internal consulting and customer experience.
Selected accomplishments include:
- For several Fortune 500 electric, natural gas and oil providers: Tom led facilities rationalization and utilization process improvements, commodities purchase and pooling optimization, power supply start-up/shut-down procedure improvements, uptime and availability maximization, preventive maintenance improvements, repair systems installation and billing enhancements, and A/R and A/P cycle-time reduction.
- For two of the largest oil and gas services leaders in Brazil and Australia: Tom analyzed and led multiple, large $40-100 million+ facilities rationalization, redesign and reconstruction of physical and operational “Super Center” efforts. His physical plant and operational excellence improvements yielded from $60-160 million+ in benefits through lease cost avoidance, productivity velocity and shared services optimizations.
- For a large, international oil and gas services organization: Tom project managed the design, construction and multi-site greenfield and brownfield consolidation moves. He simultaneously achieved physical plant efforts, organizational change management, operations optimization and re-layouts to bring the disparate operating groups together.
- For the second-largest gas-pumping transmission and storage company in the United States: Tom optimized field gas pumping, transmission availability and maintenance uptime.
- For an upstream oil and gas firm: Tom reduced production downtime from 12% to 6%, yielding a financial benefit in excess of $30 million annualized. He also implemented a System for Managing to ensure sustained process and behavior changes.
- For one of the largest oil exploration and production (E&P) companies in the world: Tom managed the operational requirements for the firm’s divestiture from its parent corporation. This initiative included the full optimization of all E&P operations and services groups, separating them from the corporate operating entity and taking them public. As part of a large consulting team, he aided the divestiture and restructure of this $20 billion E&P asset company, netting $600 million in savings specifically from selling, divesting and repurposing gulf and land exploration and production equipment.