Biopharmaceutical company solicited external expertise to restructure its operation to better manage a tremendous growth in demand for its services and products.
Reduce operating costs by 5% within a one-year time frame.
- Reduced operating costs by 8%.
- Improved customer retention by 40%.
- Reduced financial closing time by 80%.
- Reduced IT project delivery time by 50%.
Restructure Organization & Align Management
A biopharmaceutical company solicited external expertise to restructure its operation to better manage a tremendous growth in demand for its services and products.
The Highland Group’s approach focused on defining an operational structure that optimized organizational performance and then changing the behaviors of client personnel to support the new structure. This involved an analysis to understand the current and desired future state operating performance followed by a redefinition and communication of roles and accountabilities. A well-defined System For Managing served to reinforce behaviors and remove barriers to success.
- Restructured the entire organization, including headquarters and 81 service centers.
- Defined and documented roles and responsibilities for all positions in the restructured organization.
- Designed and implemented a customer-centric management operating system as well as a training program for management, supervisory staff and other employees on the effective use of the system.
- Redesigned and implemented new procedures for the Finance Department.
- Designed and implemented a project management system for the Information Technology Department.
- Initiated a barrier identification and resolution process.
reduced operating costs by