Provider of locating and infrastructure protection services to over 200 Blue Chip utilities needed to increase its field performance.
- Increase Field Force efficiency by 20%.
- Increase asset (truck) utilization.
- Reduce customer complaints.
- Improved Field Force efficiency by 35%.
- Improved asset utilization by 34%.
- Reduced customer complaints by 70%.
Optimize Field Performance
A leading provider of locating and infrastructure protection services to over 200 Blue Chip utilities and telecommunication companies in North America that performs over 50,000 locates per day needed to increase its Field Force performance and corresponding productivity.
The Highland Group’s analytical professionals conducted a Discovery and Design process on the company’s Field Force, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency, standardized procedures, better customer service and improved asset utilization.
- Designed and implemented new Field Force processes and procedures.
- Installed operational metrics.
- Conducted an improved training program for field engineers
- Improved the recruitment process for the hiring of field personnel.
- Linked recruitment efforts to forecasted volumes.
- Implemented a vehicle maintenance program and consolidated fleet purchase/lease programs.
Improved field force efficiency