Auto Parts Manufacturer
Manufacturer of commercial vehicle brake systems needed to accelerate sales growth and to reduce selling costs.
- Improve overall Sales performance in all channels.
- Reduce or control Sales expenses while growing the volume.
- Restructured the Sales organization to enable projected a first year top line revenue increase of $10-$12 million without adding any additional selling costs.
Improve Sales & Reduce Costs
The North American Sales Division of an international manufacturer of commercial vehicle brake systems needed to accelerate sales growth in its Fleet and OE channels and to reduce selling costs in its After Market channel.
The Highland Group conducted an analysis of the Sales organization, its processes, and targeted channels and markets, then designed a new structure, redefined roles and responsibilities and implemented targeted process improvements.
- Performed a SWOT analysis by market segment to determine opportunities.
- Conducted internal and external interviews to evaluate performance by market segment.
- Attended OEM trade show to meet with customers.
- Visited customers with key reps and the District Sales Manager to evaluate sales call planning and sales skills.
- Conducted detailed selling cost analysis of Sales staff by territory.
- Reviewed existing geographical alignment.
- Recommended shifting administrative tasks to Customer Service.
- Defined new responsibilities for District and National Account Managers.
- Evaluated special requirements to service the Mexican and Canadian markets.
- Proposed a new Sales organization structure to align costs with opportunities.
First-year revenue projections up