In a growing market, costs were increasing and throughput dropping, creating customer delivery issues and lower than acceptable profit margins.
- Reduce waste by 15% - 20% while simultaneously increasing throughput by 15% - 20%.
- Reduced waste by 22%.
- Increased throughput by 18%.
Increase Throughput & Reduce Manufacturing Costs
In a growing market, an international manufacturer of pressure sensitive adhesive products found that costs were increasing and throughput dropping, creating customer delivery issues and lower than acceptable profit margins.
Visual maps of the operation served to identify process waste and performance gaps and constraints. Targeted teams developed and implemented solutions, including new production scheduling systems that enabled the operation to be more responsive to customer demand.
- Designed and implemented planning and scheduling systems for all areas of production.
- Developed and implemented a goal roll down and translation process in the US and Europe.
- Created a barrier identification and elimination process utilizing cross-functional teams.
- Implemented and trained leadership on a structured system for managing teams.
- Developed a worker/union involvement program allowing for flexibility to train hourly employees.
increased throughput by