Global Bearing Supplier
Leading global supplier of rolling bearings needed help to improve the performance of an East European factory and align it with the corporate methodology.
- Deliver €2.1 million of annualized benefits.
- Delivered €0.5 million of annualized benefits ahead of target.
Improve Production Performance & Standardize Processes
One of the leading global suppliers of rolling bearings needed to improve the performance of an East European factory (which had been acquired eight years ago) and align it with the corporate methodology.
A detailed analysis identified several opportunities to improve production performance and redesign organizational structures, behaviors and processes around the corporate methodology and sustainable improvements. The resulting action plan involved four primary work streams:
- Reduce time lost to machine breakdowns.
- Coach production management teams to develop effective planning and operations execution.
- Establish a balanced scorecard as a foundation for timely and focused decision making.
- Align organization to the company’s global standard processes and systems.
- Worked with production managers to create and implement a single production management reporting system.
- Developed an optimized “To Be” Maintenance Strategy covering a spare parts strategy, gaining control of the Maintenance service provider and improving organization of Maintenance activities, processes and systems.
- Introduced “day by the hour” reporting and a visual management approach enabling shift leaders to monitor, maintain and improve shop floor performance.
- Developed a plan for the future organization of the factory, aligned roles and responsibilities and removed barriers to enable implementation of global standard processes and systems.
Delivered annualized benefits of