Large manufacturer of paper machine technology sought assistance with increasing production to meet the customer delivery requirements of a major customer.
- Migrate plant culture from one of individual efficiency to one of schedule attainment.
- Increase productivity by 5% in four months.
- Achieved 90% schedule attainment.
- Improved productivity by 10% in four months.
- Reduced work-in-progress inventories by 52%.
Optimize Productivity & Improve Delivery Performance
A large manufacturer of paper machine technology sought assistance with increasing production to meet the customer delivery requirements of a major customer.
The Highland Group’s analytical professionals conducted a Discovery and Design process that identified and detailed the key issues and the specific approach required to achieve the desired results and the projected benefits. A formal System For Managing was implemented to shift the mindsets of employees at every level from an internal focus on individual performance to an external, customer-facing focus rendering achievement of operation-wide performance goals linked to on-time customer delivery.
- Developed and implemented a goal roll-down and translation process.
- Created and installed a System For Managing, including training for supervisors and managers on how to use the new system.
- Initiated a formal communication program between management and the union, including daily meetings to discuss opportunities and resolve issues.
- Implemented a change management program and a barrier identification and elimination process for all levels of the organization.
achieved on-time delivery rate of