A major manufacturer of railroad equipment committed to improving delivery and financial performance to position themselves as the top provider of products and services.
- Increase production 14% by year end.
- Improve delivery performance from 55% to 97% by year end.
- Become the best provider of superior products and services in the industry.
- Increased production level 17.5% by year end.
- Improved delivery performance rate to 97%.
Redesign & Maximize Production
To achieve the production volume and financial goals defined by company leadership, The Highland Group deployed lean manufacturing techniques throughout the operation and implemented a management system to link work areas to the high-level Driver Goals.
- Developed and implemented a plant-wide goal translation and roll-down process.
- Designed and implemented an order scheduling and fulfillment process based on customer requirements.
- Installed kanban systems in manufacturing areas.
- Redesigned and implemented improved layout and assembly flow in manufacturing areas.
- Realigned manufacturing and support organizations to support new manufacturing processes.
- Created and installed a system for managing from the shop floor to executive management and delivered managerial training for effective utilization of the system.
improved delivery performance rate to