Start-up aerospace company, specializing in the design and manufacture of high performance and specialty purpose aircraft, needed help to meet customer delivery promise dates.
- Increase throughput of aircraft deliveries to a run-rate of 3 aircraft per month within 12 months.
- Accelerate the incoming revenue stream through final delivery and progress payments.
- Decreased Engineering NMRs by 50%.
- Reduced takt time for the wing by 31 days.
- Produced a single Master Production Schedule.
Optimize Cycle Time & Improve On Time Delivery
A start-up aerospace company, specializing in the design and manufacture of high performance and specialty purpose aircraft, engaged The Highland Group to help it meet customer delivery promise dates.
The Highland Group’s analytical professionals mapped the entire workflow and manufacturing process to identify key issues affecting the organization’s ability to complete and deliver aircraft on time, including: an inexperienced workforce, broken supply chain, and lack of business and shop floor processes. The team then designed and implemented a plan to capture prioritized improvements and a structured management system to track and maintain performance.
- Reengineered the shop floor process and workflow to include work cells and kitting areas.
- Developed and implemented a System For Managing production.
- Reengineered the supply chain with the ability to identify and track long lead-time items.
- Designed and implemented a shop floor performance reporting system with the ability to track individual performances and to identify and resolve barriers.
- Developed and implemented a front-to-back Master Production Schedule.
- Developed production standards and dynamic productivity and takt time reporting.
Decreased Engineering NMRs by