Supplier of structural adhesives and surface treatments needed help implementing a plan to improve operational performance and position the plant for future growth.
- Improve schedule attainment, on-time customer shipments, and productivity.
- Reduce key customer lead times.
- Build a platform for improved growth.
- Improved on-time customer shipments by 30%.
- Improved productivity by 35% and machine utilization by 69%.
- Reduced key customer lead time from 16 weeks to 6 weeks.
Improve Operational Performance & Position for Growth
A supplier of structural adhesives and surface treatments to the aerospace industry enlisted The Highland Group to implement a plan to improve operational performance and position the plant for future growth.
The team worked with client leadership to define key performance metrics then conducted a baseline study of the operation to understand gaps and constraints. A targeted improvement plan included a focus on capacity planning and scheduling, machine utilization and quality control to decrease lead time and increase on-time shipments. A structured management system built around the defined performance indicators would serve to track productivity gains and build upon improvements for future growth.
- Defined, developed and implemented measurable key performance indicators.
- Developed and implemented a System For Managing to those metrics.
- Developed and implemented capacity planning and scheduling.
- Identified constraints and reengineered critical processes.
Improved schedule attainment by