Madagascar-based mining operation needed to reduce downtime and increase throughput.
- Improve mine throughput through higher equipment availability.
- Improved wet plant running time by 23%.
- Increased throughput by 62%.
Reduce Excessive Downtime & Increase ThroughputPDF
A Madagascar-based mining operation needed to reduce downtime and increase throughput.
The Highland Group conducted an analysis of the operation and identified several factors contributing to low production, including: error in initial equipment design, low skill level preventing proper rigor and focus on the engineering process, Maintenance operating in firefighting mode, low spare parts availability, and a language barrier.
- Developed and implemented a formalized decision tool that reduced the maintenance notification backlog by 60%.
- Assessed and improved inspection routines.
- Conducted on-the-ground coaching.
- Developed a two-year training program.
- Developed a downtime analysis tool and involved Production teams in the investigation and reduction of downtime.
- Defined and initiated critical inventory adjustments.
- Developed and implemented and Operations dashboard.
Increased throughput by